Key disappointed about statement on Paula Bennett - RePress

Breaking

News and current affairs blog of a Freelance Journalist

LinkWithin

test banner

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Saturday, January 31

Key disappointed about statement on Paula Bennett

Prime Minister John Key has become aware within the past 24 hours of the existence of letters written by Paula Bennett to the Parole Board and to a court.


The letters were written before Ms Bennett became a Cabinet Minister and relate to Viliami Halaholo.


"I am disappointed I was not made aware of these letters a week earlier when I asked Ms Bennett about issues relating to this man," Mr Key says.


"However, I accept that no deliberate attempt was made to mislead me.


"I continue to hold the view that none of Ms Bennett's actions breach her responsibilities as a Minister.


"She continues to enjoy my confidence and I look forward to her making a good contribution as a Minister in my Cabinet.


"I encourage all of my Ministers to be upfront and open with me at all times," says Mr Key.

No comments:

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here