PM congratulates David Cameron after UK election - RePress

Breaking

News and current affairs blog of a Freelance Journalist

LinkWithin

test banner

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Thursday, May 13

PM congratulates David Cameron after UK election

Prime Minister John Key today offered his congratulations to David Cameron on becoming the next British Prime Minister.


"I have sent David Cameron a brief message of congratulations and hope to talk to him on the telephone over the next few days. I will also be writing formally to him on behalf of the New Zealand Government," says Mr Key.

Mr Key also acknowledged the tenure of Gordon Brown as British Prime Minister, and the period Labour held office.

"When I went to London after the 2008 election, I had the opportunity to meet Mr Brown and found him to be engaging and positive about the strength of the New Zealand-UK relationship. I want to wish Mr Brown and his family well for the future.

"I also met David Cameron on the same visit, and I'm very confident that under his prime ministership the relationship between the two countries will go from strength to strength," says Mr Key.

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here